What is Success…?
How do you define Success…?
And most importantly, are you a successful person?
Do you relate success with your job title, the size of your bank balance or the schools or college you are sending your children to? Or the five-star hotels you are able to afford?
A mediocre would definitely define success in terms of money.The Oxford dictionary defines success as, “The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.”
We all define success differently.Your idea of being a success might be different from mine.
So, the first thing you need to do in order to be successful in life is to decide. What success means to you as an individual. Never mind what it means to others, but what it means to you?
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.– Albert Schweitzer
For me, Success is happiness- the feeling of peace and tranquility.
A successful life is one that’s lived through following your own dreams rather than blindly following someone else’s path.
Success is living each moment fully and not worrying about what future has in store for you.
Making people around you happy and be a source of happiness in someone else’s life is a success too.
Having a loving family and Spouse is success.
Staying positive in negative times is successs.
Making a difference in a world can also be described as a success.
Having the ability to laugh and more often is a success.
Enjoying simple things in life, for example eating pizza with friends, or watching a movie together can be a source of immense happiness, you don’t necessarily have to aim big to achieve success.
Your ability to compensate and enjoy simple things to the fullest is actually the SUCCESS
Sleeping well without having any worries and grudges is success.
Some of the world’s most accomplished people have also shared their experiences and their idea of achieving success.
Now let’s see what their idea of success is.
25 Success quotes that will change your life
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” —Michelle Obama
2. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” —Maya Angelou
3. Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” —Anne Sweeney
4.”I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” —Abraham Lincoln
5. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” —Mary Kay Ash
6. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” —Tony Hsieh
7. Life is too short to dwell on what might have been.” —Hillary Clinton
8. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” —Colin Powell
9. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
10. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” —Will Smith
11. If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” —Melinda Gates
12. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget Rule No. 1.” —Warren Buffett
13. “If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.” —Napoleon Bonaparte
14. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” —Walt Disney
15. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” —Malcolm Forbes
16. Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.” —Nelson Mandela
17. “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.” ―Dalai Lama XIV
18. “As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future.” —Indra Nooyi
19. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance — and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” —Oprah Winfrey
20. “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.” —Napoleon Hill
21. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” —Abraham Lincoln
22. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” —Colin Powell
23. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” —Nelson Mandela
24. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” —Margaret Thatcher
25. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” —George Bernard Shaw
26. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” —Albert Einstein
27. “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.” —Napoleon Hill
28. “We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.” —Martin Luther King Jr
29. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” —David Brinkley
30. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas Edison
31. “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.”— Herbert Bayard Swope
32. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” —Thomas J. Watson
33. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
34. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” —Michael Jordan
35. “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” —Swami Sivananda
You might also be interested in : 11 Best Relationship advice to Build healthy, Long-Lasting Relationships
In short, if your healthy, happy and your basic needs are met, which includes food, clothing, and shelter you are truly successful.
Success is a state of mind. It could mean many different things to different people.
But if at the end of the day, your happiness is compromised, or you are not at peace with yourself, that’s when all your definitions of success and its mantras fail.
Being positive and happy in the world with full of negativities such as fear, anxiety, envy, jealousy, and rivalry, is really an effort, and hence makes you a successful person.
As peace and happiness are things that even money can’t buy….so what is success to you?